Science Rendezvous is taking place on Saturday, May 7th from 12-4pm at the Mayflower Mall. CBU’s Science and Technology department, along with some others, will collaborate in an effort to increase the public’s knowledge and appreciation for science. There will be a wide variety of displays for people of every age so grab your friends and family and come out to have some fun!
Science Rendezvous is an annual event that takes place in Canada. The goal is to promote science awareness to the general public and to teach everyone that science affect us all the time in our daily lives. On May 7th there will be events taking place right across Canada from Vancouver, BC, to St. John’s, NL. Every year more and more volunteers come together for this great cause.
There are going to be many different activities to see and try out and prizes to take home! Displays will be set up across the whole mall including ones from chemistry, biology, geology, physics, math, psychology and more! I’ll just tell you about a few of the events that will be there.
- A chemistry magic show where you’ll get to see things like elephant toothpaste.
- See how the CSI teams use chemistry in catching the criminals.
- You can impress all of your friends by walking across a pool of water.
- Build your own telescope to spy on people at the other side of the mall.
- Bring in your own fossils and have them identified.
- See the rock and fossil road show.
- Get tricked into thinking a rubber hand is your hand.
- Create your own Mobius strips.
- See some insects (and maybe even eat some).
- Join in the ‘Great Science Race’ and win prizes.
And that is just a taste of what will be happening at the ‘Mall of Science’ on May 7th. Everyone come down and have some fun! And you never know you just might learn something!